Health Insurance

Dental insurance
Can I claim from my private health insurer for my emergency dental work?

Your extras policy will usually have dental benefits for emergency work. Most health insurance policies will have certain conditions such as maximum benefits and waiting periods. Some emergency dental procedures e.g. pulp extirpation and surgical extractions falls within a 12 month waiting period with some funds. It is best to ask your private health insurer about the specific policy you have.

We have on the spot electronic claiming for most Australian health funds including:

    - Medibank Private
    - NIB
    - HCF
    - Teachers Federation Health
    - Lysaght Peoplecare
    - Australian Unity
    - Manchester Unity
    - GMHBA
    - BUPA
    - Naval Health Benefits Society
    - Health Insurance of WA
    - Queensland Country Health
    - Defence Health
    - OneMediFund
    - Credicare
    - NRMA
    - Latrobe Health Services
    - GMF Health
    - HBF
    - RT Health
    - Teacheers Union Health
    - Police Health

Gap payments may be made by cash, eftpos, mastercard or visa.

For patients from overseas we are able to provide a receipt showing what emergency treatment was performed so that you may claim from your travel insurer. Some overseas private health insurance companies will help you to find an emergency dentist and they will organise to settle the account for you.

Can I use Medicare or vouchers for my emergency dental treatment?

We do not bulk bill for emergency dental work or accept vouchers from public clinics. If you cannot afford to attend a private clinic, please contact a public dental clinic.